Monday, June 23, 2008

Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


With the season finally over, I found relief on the sunny shores of California. For three days it was quality time with the family, the ocean, and the boogie board. I was unfortunately joined by the sun, which did a number on my skin. I went to church today looking like a leper. I told people I was auditioning for a minor role in Jesus Christ Superstar. Unfortunately, with my moustache my ethnicity is mistaken more for one found south of the border than the Gaza strip, so the audition didn't turn out that well.

I know nothing of world event right now. I'll let it all soak in this next week. Until then, I have nothing to rant about. I do, however, have an exceptional review of the best album of the year. Who made such a thing? Why, Canada's finest, of course. The Barenaked Ladies have introduced Snacktime!, an album full of songs for all the kids. It is incredible, and I advise all to purchase not only the cd, but the storybook of lyrics (illustrated by keyboardist Kevin Hearn) as well. This link goes to the website where you can view the music video from the song "789" (it looks like it came straight from Sesame Street) and hear the song "Snacktime".


This is a candidate for greatest album of the century. Search YouTube for their songs "Drawing" and "Pollywog in a Bog", which will come out soon, as well.

No comments: