Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Plumbing Fail


I tried using a drain snake to unclog our bathroom sink. Little did I know the J-pipe had the structural integrity of a wet paper towel. As you can see, the snake did not make the turn, but went straight through, uncovering yet another problem for me to fix. I think it may have been the original fixture (circa 1950). As I tried to unscrew the IP later the pipe twisted in half, cutting my thumb in the process. But I installed the new pipe and flushed the clog out with drano and a hose, as per the instructions of my landlord (who is 80 and doesn't want to spend money on a plumber to come fix it), so now all is well.

2 comments:

The Hands said...

The exact same thing happened at my parents' house about 2 months ago. They replaced the trap, just so you know.

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Yeah, home renovation never goes on blogs unless something bad happens it seems. I am glad you were able to "fix" it, sorry to hear about your thumb.