Friday, May 16, 2008

That Moustache Feeling


Yep, it's that time again. I'm fitting in more and more around the cherry shed as my upper lip gets fuzzier. Hyrum showed me a clip from when the Tick got a moustache, and this morning before work I watched the entire episode on youtube. Once the Tick has his moustache, he becomes so confident. His words:
"Rugged, self assured, adult- these are the words that describe a man with a moustache. It says to the world that I’m a man of action. Ah, but action tempered with maturity- like a fireman, or somebody’s dad. Most of the world’s leaders have moustaches."

But the moustache isn't always the best thing to have around. His superhero friend Taft told the Tick about some of the downs to having a moustache.
"Sometimes it catches on my sweater, or gets stuck in the zipper of my jacket."
Now, the Tick's moustache was actually a secret government operation from the 70's made to counter the Russian Beard. The moustache flew the coop, though, in search for it's love (which happened to be the Russian Moustache, in the end). Jim Rage began a search for in when it escaped, and it all comes down to the exciting ending I suggest that you watch. Tick's final monolouge puts it all together.

"So the moustache was in love. That’s cool. Love is cool. That moustache was cool. But it didn’t make me cool. Jim should have been cool. He had a cool eye patch, a cool RV, cool gadgets and traveled the world with three vivacious exciting talented beauticians. I may have lost my moustache, but I’ve gained, well...I’ve gained nothing."

1 comment:

Autumn @ Autumn All Along said...

Mustaches...and government conspiracies. I'm really glad you were able to tie all of these things together...this is why you are a Political Science major. A BS...and by BS I mean Bachelor of Science.